CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Walk a Mile for the homeless


This saturday was Walk a Mile or the homeless, an event that is through the Rescue Mission of Grant County. Since I work for WIWU-TV51, I work for the show "Crossroads" which has students go out into the community and find events that they could do packages on so they may show it on the show for people in the community to watch and enjoy. Mariam Gonzalez, a senior communication major, asked me and another student to go out with her on Saturday to shoot what was going on as well as getting interviews. It was there that we found many things to include not only in the visual story, but the script as well.

There were so many inspiring shots, and had so many people there to make an impact on the average Indiana Wesleyan college student who doesn't really care about Marion or Grant Co. The people there varied from little kids who were with their parent to people who really were homeless in the past...to Taylor students all the way from Upland. I can't speak for Mariam, but I honestly thought of a couple of good lines as we were shooting... but after I told her some of them, she told me that she'll be writing the script and texting me to come help her. I can honestly say that I'm super excited about working with her on it because not only will I get extra credit.. (haha)... as well as great experience!


<3 Glenda

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! :)